When a study is sent to a patient via email, they receive brief instructions and a link to their unique landing page.
Patient Landing Page
(1) Select Download Image beneath an image to download individual images. Downloaded images will be located in the Downloads folder on the patient's computer.
- Images can also be right-clicked and saved directly to the computer.
- Once images are saved or downloaded, they can be posted on social media, emailed to family, etc. It is recommended that patients share downloaded images, rather than the landing page link, since the link is temporary.
(2) Select Download All to download all images at once. Images will download in a compressed (zipped) folder within the Downloads folder on the patient's computer.
If patients have issues downloading their images, confirm they do not have firewalls, restrictive permissions, or anti-virus software preventing downloads.
(3) Displays how many files are shown; if the study includes more than five images, navigation buttons are available:
- Next Page displays the next five files
- Previous Page returns to the previous five files
(4) Opens a window to allow patients to change their display language, see page views, and delete their landing page. Selecting Back returns the patient to their images:
(5) Changing the language translates all text shown to anyone that visits the landing page.
(6) Statistical data displays how many times, and how recently, the landing page was viewed.
(7) A Delete Code is included in the email/text message that is sent to the patient. They can enter the four-digit code to delete the page (voiding the link) before it expires. This will prevent anyone, including themselves, from accessing the page.
When a link has expired (the default lifespan is 90 days), or when a patient voluntarily deletes their page, users that attempt to the visit the page receive an error message.
If patients accidentally delete their page or fail save their images before the link expires, resend the study to the patient - See instructions for Resending Images.
When images are uploaded from your imaging system to the patient's landing page, all identifiable information is removed (we take HIPAA seriously). However, since we cannot remove such information from other types of files (like .JPG images, PDF documents, and medical reports), patients will be prompted to create a password if those are included in the study.
Passwords must be at least six characters in length and contain at least one number and one letter. The patient will have to share this password for others to access the page, but once images are downloaded/saved, the password is no longer required in order for them to share their preferred images.
You can choose to require a password for all landing pages by entering a Patient Link Code within your Account Settings. The code entered into this field will be the passcode for all patients.
For more information on Patient Link Codes, refer to our instructions for Account Settings.
Note: If using the Anonymized Uplink, non-DICOM images are not sent to the patient since information cannot be removed from these files.